Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Unpacking My Yarn...At Last

I've put off unpacking my yarn until I found some neat storage ideas on Pinterest.


Above is a small start. I still have 5 more boxes to go through and ball or wind up. I love the idea found at Knitsforlife.


My little winder is there in the middle of the mess. It will take me awhile to wind all of the yarn to go on the pegboard. I chose not to paint the pegboard.


Sorry to be so boring with all of these projects. I've not been too creative lately, but at least I'm being inspired by the creativity of others.

10 comments:

  1. You and me both! I just apologized to my readers as I'm working on landscaping and Spring cleaning...I'm pleased with my little progress but when I put it on my blog it looks like I haven't done much of anything! LOL! And I'm retired!
    I love your pegboard! That's a great idea because I want to SEE my yarn. My only problem would be to know what kind of yarn it was. I have to keep mine separate or I have no clue what type it is. Great looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I can't wait to see how yours turns out maybe it will inspire me to do the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of yarn lovely thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pegboard is such a great idea. It looks fantastic! I may have to use that myself. I am moving next week and my yarn has been in boxes far tooo long!! I will want to get it out of boxes asap. Did you use the normal pegboard pegs that stick straight out to hold up the yarn?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Courtney http://hookedonyarncake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to wind those sweet little bundles of joy! They look so pretty and have so much potential. If I didn't live in Seattle, I come over and help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that on Pinterest and I think it is a great idea.
    See you are being very creative.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plan on doing this soon! In the process of winding all my yarn. >.> Yours is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pegboard Idea! I need to make one to organize my yarns.
    CuteyPatutyCrochet

    ReplyDelete