Monday, October 31, 2011

What To Make?


Every October we take a trip to a beach somewhere on the east coast. Last year it was Panama City beach, the best beach ever (but that's not really the east coast)... Anyway, this year we only had three days so we chose a beach closer to home. So we decided to go southeast to SC. We had a great time...not much sun, but still ok. The weather was only 60-65 degrees...not my kind of beach weather, but at least not crowded. (We hate fighting the summer crowd)


We spent half of the time relaxing in our rental. It was pretty comfortable.


Ireland is a pool baby and did not care about the weather. Good thing the pools felt like a very warm bath.


On Friday we went to Ripley's Aquarium. In season it is so hard to get in there without waiting in a crazy long line. Not this time of year...we just walked right in


I brought a whole bag of yarn with me and wanted to crochet at night...but I had a problem. I could not figure out what to make. I know...weird, huh? Usually I have 3 or 4 projects going at once and can't seem to get all finished. But for once I have nothing going (except a new pattern... coming soon). I'm talking about something for myself to use, wear, or gift.

So each night I would look at my yarn and think to myself... what to make? what to make?
I went on Ravelry and a few blogs that I love to find some inspiration.

Maybe I should participate in a ripple along. I have been wanting to make a ripple like this one ... or a maybe participate in a One a Day.

What do you think?
I'm thinking maybe I should come up with a new pattern.
Help me out...what are you wanting to make right now? Mittens...cowl...hat...something else. I need some inspiration. I need an idea.

I think I will check out more blogs or Ravelry again... we'll see....

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend away! Im not going to give you any inspiration- Im sure it will come to you, and if in doubt just pick up some yarn and start something, anything... who knows what might become of it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. rugs are the thing I love to crochet the most :) Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much...that is a great idea.. I have only made one rug...years ago. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i have just come across your blog via Tangled Happy. Welcome to blog land! I like your wrist warmers and cowls!
    If you are looking for projects - i have recently started a stripey bobble blanket, thats been quite fun, really colourful like the ripple one you have linked to. Check out my blog 'Sharky Knows' for pics etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charles,
    I looked at the bobble blanket and I love it... just my kind of thing... lots of different colors. That gives me something else to put on my list. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete